Manager Zhao: 18306359820
Address: Xiangjiang Road East, donga Economic Development Zone, Shandong Province
Facing the processing of these composite materials, we have to process according to the type of composite material.
The following briefly introduces some issues that machining centers should pay attention to when processing composite materials:
1. Types of composite materials for machining centers
Composite materials are divided into metal and metal composite materials, non-metal and metal composite materials, non-metal and non-metal composite materials according to their composition. According to their structural characteristics:
1. Fiber composite materials. Various fiber reinforcements are compounded in a matrix material. Such as fiber reinforced plastics, fiber reinforced metals and so on.
2. Sandwich composite materials. Composed of different surface materials and core materials. The surface material is usually high in strength and thin; the core material is light and low in strength, but has a certain stiffness and thickness. Divided into solid sandwich and honeycomb sandwich.
3. Fine-grained composite materials. Hard particles are uniformly distributed in the matrix, such as dispersion strengthened alloys, cermets, etc.
4. Hybrid composite materials. It consists of two or more reinforcing phase materials mixed in one matrix phase material. Compared with ordinary single reinforced phase composites, its impact strength, fatigue strength and fracture toughness are significantly improved, and it has special thermal expansion properties. It is divided into intra-layer hybrid, inter-layer hybrid, sandwich hybrid, intra- / inter-layer hybrid and super-hybrid composite material.
Second, some problems that should be paid attention to when processing center processing composite materials
1. Carbon fiber composite materials have low interlayer strength and are prone to delamination under the action of cutting forces, so the axial force should be reduced during drilling or cutting. The drilling requires high speed and small feed. The speed of the machining center is generally 3000 ~ 6000r / min, and the feed rate is 0.01 ~ 0.04mm / r. The tip can first cut the carbon fiber layer, the two edges play a role in repairing the hole wall, and the diamond-set drill has good sharpness and wear resistance. The drilling of interlayers of composite materials and titanium alloys is a difficult problem. Generally, solid carbide drills are used to drill according to the cutting parameters of the titanium alloy. Drilling from the titanium alloy side until drilling through, adding lubricant during drilling Relieves burns of composite materials. Boeing has specially developed a PCD combination drill for drilling of interlayers.
The cutting effect of the new type 2 and 3 solid carbide composite special milling cutters is better. They all have some common characteristics: high rigidity, small helix angle, and even 0 °. Specially designed herringbone blades can be effective Reducing the axial cutting force of the machining center and reducing the stratification have good machining efficiency and effect.
3. The chip of the composite material is powdery, which is harmful to human health. A high-power vacuum cleaner should be used for vacuuming. Water cooling can also effectively reduce dust pollution.
4. Carbon fiber composite materials are generally large in size, complex in shape and structure, high in hardness and strength, and are difficult to process. During the cutting process, the cutting force is large, the cutting heat is not easy to be transmitted, and the resin is burnt or softened in severe cases, and the tool is severely worn. Therefore, the tool is the key to carbon fiber processing. The cutting line speed of the machining center is usually greater than 500m / min, and the high-speed small-feed strategy is adopted. Cutting edge processing tools generally use solid carbide knurled milling cutters, electroplated diamond grain grinding wheels, diamond-inserted milling cutters, and copper-based diamond grain saw blades.